Friday, May 1, 2009

He Who Avoids Conflict, Avoids Life

"He Who Avoids Conflict, Avoids Life.
For All Of Life Is The Movement Of Various Pressures,
And Where There Is Pressure,
There Is The Need For The Pressure's Release.
When Separate Pressures Meet,
So Begins The Dance Of Exchanges We Call Relationship,
We Call Conflict,
We Call Life." - David Julio Wang

I have always sought to avoid conflict in my life.
I don't want to be a trouble, or a burden for anyone.
I want my fellow human beings, my human family, to love me for being useful and valuable, not some parasite.

But...I've come to realize...that if I am not true to myself,
I can never be true to others.
And then we are all living a lie,
and that is not a relationship I want to have with myself,
or anyone.

So...I accept that I will have conflict in my life.
I will trust to my feelings to be my guide to see that the difficult encounters are not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment