Tuesday, May 12, 2009

[True Strength] Comes Because Of A Need, Not A Desire

"[True Strength] Comes In Response To A Need, Not A Desire."
- Goku (Dragonball Z)

I guess it might seem pretty ridiculous that a 29 year old man still derives guidance from a cartoon designed for prepubescent boys, but, simply put, such is the case.

I don't feel 29 anyways.
I feel so far behind in life, I still feel I haven't moved beyond being a teenager.
What do you say Dick Clark is that a good way to be?

Well...I find this saying helpful to me,
because it reminds me that for me to find true strength in my life,
it must come from a powerful "need" not just a casual wish or desire
it must be truly compelling to impart true strength.

I can only imagine that coming from a true struggle for achieving meaning in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment