Monday, May 11, 2009

It Takes A Village To Raise A Child, What One Part Of The Village Cannot Teach, Another Part Can...

"It Takes A Village To Raise A Child,
What One Part Of The Village CannotTeach,
Another Part Can.
What One Part Of The Village Cannot Give,
Another Part Can.
What One Part Of The Village Cannot Love,
Another Part Can."
- African Proverb [modified by David Julio Wang]

I find myself extremely lost...

I wish I had had the courage when I was younger to go "out there" and seek out the parts of this Global Village (my human family) which could,
teach me what i want to know,
give me what i need to have,
and love me for the parts of me other can't.

It's a big world.
There are a lot of us here.

We don't expect one person to know everything,
or to be able to do everything.

We shouldn't expect 2 people, or even 3 people to be able to do everything for a person.
It takes many, many of us to provide the pieces a person needs to give their life meaning.

That is the nature of being part of a species which is gregarious,
which is social,
which is dependent upon one another for mutual survival and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment