Monday, May 4, 2009

I Feel Depressed. / I'll Teach You How To Ride A Horse.

A Conversation Between Someone Who Doesn't Believe In Themselves,
And Someone Who Does Believe In Them.

"I Feel Depressed. / I'll Teach You How To Ride A Horse.
I Feel Useless. / I'll Teach You How To Build A House.
I Feel Confused. / I'll Teach You How To Play The Violin.
I Feel Weak. / And I Am Going To Show You Just How Strong You Are."
- David Julio Wang

Mr. Miyagi
Obi-Won Kenobi
Gandalf

Our fiction has many examples of the wise old man who teaches
openly, generously, and gladly,
because he has endless faith in his young charge,
and believes in them, even when they do not believe in themselves.

The reason those characters are so present in our fiction,
is because they are so needed in our reality.

Truly,
"Anybody Can Do Anything When They Are Believed In."
- David Julio Wang

Know Yourself.
Integrate Yourself With Yourself.
And become a person who can show others how valuable they are,
even when they do not see that value in themselves.

...i know i have always needed a person like that...
becoming such a person myself, is something i must do to honor the memory of the lost young person i was.

No comments:

Post a Comment