Monday, May 4, 2009

People Who Always Play It Safe, Wind Up Never Having Played At All

"People Who Always Play It Safe,
Wind Up Never Having Played At All." - David Julio Wang

I imagine many people will choose to deride and rebuff me for what they perceive as constantly pitying myself.
Perhaps that is so...though I genuinely do not believe it myself.
My regrets I scribe honestly and openly in the hope that they will teach others to not saddle themselves with the same regrets I have.

When I was a child, I very often would not engage in play with the other children, because I felt afraid of rejection and for fear of some of the more physically risky things children are wont to do.
But,
if I had taken the time to look deep inside myself,
if a wise adult had encouraged me to look deep inside myself to what I truly wanted,
I would have mustered my courage, and played, because I desperately wanted to.

I am the Omega wolf who at the bottom of the pack observes the confidence and strength of the Alphas with envy and regret,
but,
it is the Omega who cares for the young and can make them stronger by being an example of regret.

...I do not believe I am alone in feeling this way...
I do not think it is fair.
And unlike wolves,
we human beings have this feeling we call fairness,
and it is something to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment