Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It Is Difficult To Celebrate The Success Of Others, If One Does Not Feel They Can Celebrate Their Own

"It Is Difficult To Celebrate The Success Of Others,
If One Does Not Feel They Can Celebrate Their Own." - David Julio Wang

I have always felt like I was behind in my life.
Everyone else was ahead of me.
When I would hear about someone else's fantastic success,
I would smile and congratulate them,
for I did feel genuine happiness for their accomplishment,
but the seed of self-consciousness and inadequacy was ever-present.

I simply do not see how a person can be truly and genuinely happy for another's success,
if they do not feel that their own life is replete with accomplishment.

I believe human beings have a need to feel that they are accomplished,
that they are growing,
that they are special.
I believe it is a need as essential as air or water.
If a person does not have enough of it,
they are suffocating and drowning with lack of specialness.

I say,
we need to become a society,
a world,
wholly,
unerringly,
100%,
dedicated to insuring that everyone,
is living a life of powerful purpose.

It starts with,
"I believe in you,
and I will do whatever I can to make your dreams come true.
Your world,
Your people,
are behind you all the way.
We will make your dreams come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment